Here’s what afternoons of reckless abandon look like at my house (the youngest have gone off to school for afternoon kindergarten):
1. The first afternoon off: Assist the plumber in locating and fixing the toilet problems, leaky faucets, and noisy pipes
2. Thurs. afternoon: Fit in my annual Dr. appt.
3. Fri. afternoon: One of the kids is sick already and home from school!
4. Mon. afternoon: Have bought into the super-saver-coupon-clipper-homemade everything meal planning and spend the afternoon going to four different grocery stores (I’ll update you later how that’s going)
5. Tue. afternoon: Another Dr. Appointment
6. Wed. afternoon: Deep clean Cassie and Callie’s room while they are gone, goes twice as fast since I don’t have to negotiate throwing away every headless Barbie, (ooh yeah, also deep cleaned 2 bathrooms!)
Next week I have a dentist appointment AND Lexi’s room to tackle.
I imagine it may be a few more weeks before I am able to settle in to the planned schedule I had hoped for including weekly writing projects, volunteering in the classrooms, and lunch dates with friends I haven’t seen in person (Facebook doesn’t count) for years.
So far things are still crazy but I’m hoping we will all settle in…soon.